Thursday, October 3, 2013

BB dream fresh maybelline


When i had first seen the ads for this i thought it looked pretty promising. I wanted a foundation that wasn't too heavy but that would also cover up anything i need. After seeing that it is a light foundation and its blends in good and makes you look more natural i wanted to try it. This ad tells you about the 8 in 1 that it has in it. A few things are that there is SPF 30 in it, it smooths your skin tone, 0% oil or heavy ingredients, it hydrates your skin, and there are 5 different colors to choose from. All these things are what most look for in a foundation. I know i do. They try to sell you on all these aspects, and for me it worked. Millions of people buy make up and the fact that Maybelline is already a well know company helps them right away. Whether that's all someone might use, or they decide to try it because of how popular they are.  Make-up in general serves a big purpose in the world. Whether its needed or its wanted to look different or to make yourself look "better". Make-up is a huge moneymaking endeavor. Many people who wear make-up probably don't need it, but when you see how the model looks it makes you want to look like that. Even though for the most part we know that's not really how they look and its a lot of airbrushing.

4 comments:

  1. Makeup advertisements are eye-catching for women. The advertisements make me want to buy into the products because they show these beautiful models with flawless-looking faces. On the other hand, I think about how much the model’s faces is photo-shopped or as you said, airbrushed. It makes me wonder how the makeup is on an “average” person without having any photo-shop details in a photograph. Make-up is huge with getting customers to buy their products with model’s faces being photo-shopped and with the make-up on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In addition to reflecting our current aesthetic ideals, makeup advertisements help society set our standard of beauty. Even though we know that these images are airbrushed, altered, and realistically unachievable, we create expectations for ourselves based off of what we see in advertisements. I think that these advertisements are a large part of why younger and younger girls are wearing more and more makeup. Nowadays, even some of the 6th graders are wearing heavy foundation because their personal standards of beauty (and resulting self-esteem) have been altered by the ads they are exposed to daily.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use the same type of product by L"Oreal. I like it- I agree with your comment when you say, "...we know that's not really how they look and it's a lot of airbrushing." In fact, many companies got pinched for that very thing! Now, even mascara commercials have small print indicating the model is wearing falsies. Somehow, females still attempt to strive for that airbrushed look. I love makeup and the colors and sparkles! I could forgo all of it, but I chose not to because I have long, clear eyelashes. They are akin to spider webs! With blue eyes, dark eyebrows and clear lashes, it makes me eyes look like they are missing a vital feature. People look at me strangely, so to keep from having to stare back or hide my eyes, I go through tons of mascara. Does this make me a proponent of makeup? Yes! Does this mean I am falling for the idea that I need to look a certain way to be beautiful? Not one bit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Insia

    I have always had a hard time choosing foundations because there are so many brands to choose from. When the idea of a BB cream came out, I instantly went to the store and bought myself this cream. Because this cream had so much to offer like skin care protection and hydration, I, not knowing so much about makeup was immediately brought to think that this indeed has to be the perfect foundation. I think that the campaign for BB cream worked so effectively because they had such overwhelming advantages to this foundation with the “8 in 1” punch line. Plus by using beautiful flawless models, they are able to captivate the desire of the audience wanting to be flawless like the models.

    ReplyDelete